Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I don't hate my ipod anymore. (more xbox 360)

Ok, I have never really hated it but its been the source of more frustration for me than I care to recount.

I plugged my ipod into the xbox 360 and it automatically showed up! The xbox totally takes over the ipod meaning you can use the remote to scroll through tunes and create playlists. And even better...it worked the first time I tried it!!! No struggling with software updates and crap. Realising I wouldn't have to mess with the ipod to make it work, I walked around with a silly grin for almost an hour. Seriously, whoohoo! (yeah I know, simple minds...)
This is the way things should work. Now if I could transfer music from the xbox to the ipod I would be super happy. I bet there will be a hack for that shortly.

Something else I'm diggin' is that you can stick a cd in the xbox and it will rip it to the hard drive. (which you can also store photos on).

Games wise, Kameo is a bit boring. I'm looking forward to Project Gotham 3 of course and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I wonder if MS will enter into the handheld gaming console market anytime soon? The Sony PSP is a fantastic system that interacts with the PS2. MS could do some really interesting stuff with the xbox 360 and a handheld. (xbox 180? haha)

No comments: