Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Two people calling 'em out!

I love what these people are doing! (file this under non fluffy..heh)

First, Cindy Sheehan. I saw the commercial on CNN the other night and nearly fell out of my chair in shock! Check out the link below to see what she said!

  • Cindy Sheehans message

  • Second, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

    Is global warming to blame for hurricane katrina's intensity? Regardless, our environment is screwed! I think its great hes speaking out and his name surely helps him be heard.

    His article entitled "Deadly Immunity" is amazing.
    I appreciate him speaking out about something that I feel strongly about. I insisted we delay Ridley's vaccines because of uncertainty about thimerosal. Here in Canada, they no longer use thimerosal in childhood vaccines. At the time of Ridleys birth, they still used thimerosal in the US, where she was born. Please note that I'm am not against childhood vaccinations. I am against using potentially unsafe agents in them. Ridley and I both got shots last year before she started school. She had the usual round and I got the chicken pox vaccine.

  • Deadly Immunity

  • RFK JRs blog
  • 2 comments:

    Kelly said...

    Thanks for the link about BSE...very interesting how stuff can transmit from species to species. Cows also get something called Johne's disease which is similar to Crohn's disease in humans.

    The theory is that if a person drinks milk from a cow infected with Johne's disease, they can get Crohn's from the transmission of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis. Normal pasturization doesn't kill it.

    I don't let Ridley drink milk because she is genetically predisposed to Crohn's. (Scott has it)

    But, enough scary food shit for the day. :)

    The Cindy Sheehan commercial blew me away because she was brave enough to ask the questions so many people would like to. Also the fact that shes not just talking the talk. She REALLY put the ball in Bush's court. It should be interesting to see how (if) he responds.

    Hope you had a great time at the concert. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't think I've ever heard Spearhead.

    Kelly said...

    Chocolate rice dream is her fave.
    She drinks regular rice milk too but not willingly. We tried almond milk (bleah!). How could something that sounds like it would be yummmy be so awful??

    She has had soy milk and likes it but
    from what I've read, soy is an endocrine disrupter.(mimics estrogen) Everything in moderation is fine but since shes still growing, we're avoiding it until shes older.

    Wow, I sound like a really paranoid, controlling parent don't it?? I'm really not, I swear. :) She plays video games , digs in the dirt, occasionally jumps on the bed and just last week she had ice cream for breakfast! Oh yeah, we went to McDonalds last week too. Ack.

    Onto another topic...
    Is being an asshole grounds for impeachment??

    Spearhead - sounds good, thanks!