Monday, August 29, 2005

Fluffy post

Only one more week until Ridley starts grade 1. She'll be in school full time this year. I can't believe summer is winding down, its gone much too quick. Ridley has learned to swim (doggy paddle, shes still in lessons) and we took the training wheels off her bike last weekend! Shes also learning to tie her shoes. She has changed so much over the past year. She loves Pokemon, swimming, scootering, and Bratz (ugh!! we're trying to demystify them now) She desperately wants "high heels" (platform shoes) and loves to dress up. She can't wait to get back to school but wishes she wasn't so tall (4'2)and that her feet weren't so big (2-3). I think she'll find that a lot of her classmates have caught up to her this year.

Thankfully she still loves good dolly, my stories and cuddling. I didn't cry last year when I dropped her off for her first day of school but I think I probably will this year. Sniff.

For me, job hunting awaits! Its been 8 years since I've worked out of the home. (not counting a part time job I had) I'm thinking of getting my A+ certification and applying for some tech work. I've been doing really well on the practise tests. I can't believe the stuff I learned years ago is still relevant. (ok maybe it isn't but on the tests it is)

I need to learn to use some spiffy wordpress like Sam and Wind so I can have categories. Fluffy personal updates would be a good category. :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yeah, Pokemon has been pretty big around here. That and her scooter are her big loves. (big love = been into it longer than a year)

Oh and a warning. When you visit, she will likely try to engage you in a game of "Super Smash Brothers". My advice, decline politely. She looks oh so sweet and innocent but she will trounce you!