Monday, September 03, 2007

Where did the time go??? A Ridley post

Yup, another post about my favourite notsolittleanymore person.

Ridley's first day of grade three is tomorrow. It shouldn't, but it always surprises me just how quick the summer flies by.
To celebrate (?? mixed about that) I am sitting on the patio indulging in some wine and smoking my face off. :) I always greet the first day of school with apprehension because I am never sure whether I will be relieved or sad. I think this year it will be more relief than anything. I'm ready for a bit of a break.

Her backpack is all packed with her school supplies, lunch is ready in the fridge and her new outfit is set out. We're having a special dinner tomorrow night (just us girls) and I think we'll cap off the night with a bike ride to the creek to catch some critters.

This year, she is taking swimming lessons again. She says she would like to take singing lessons and wants to go to drama camp next summer. I think both would be a great confidence builder for her. I hesitate to overload her with activities though. I think its important for kids to have free time and with the homework load increasing this year, I want to be careful.

I let Ridley watch the kids choice awards tonight. She says her absolute fave singer is Hilary Duff. Its the influence of her peers I am sure as she never asks for Hilary Duff when we are in the car. She always asks for the Gipsy Kings. (which btw is GREAT driving music!!)

On tap tomorrow...I get to resume my daily morning walk and I may treat myself to a Timmies.
And so starts yet another school year. Which means I'll have more time to blog. :)

No comments: