Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Still sick but here goes...

Every few weeks I end up with a sinus infection and feel like I've been hit by a truck. Unfortunately it had to happen for Sams visit!

She arrived Saturday afternoon and when she walked in the door, it was like no time had passed. Scott agreed. It was like she'd never moved away. Yay for that!
Even Monty graced up with his presence (kitty) and was lovin' on Sam.
Of course Spyro (mini poodle) did his dance for Sam...I'm not sure he actually stopped. :)

After a bit, Ridley asked Sam to go and do yoga with her. So while I made pesto, Ridley and Sam did yoga. After I messed up the gnocchi and Scott went and got more (you HAVE to strain them as soon as they float to the top!) we FINALLY got to eat. After lunch, Sam and I headed downtown to get her checked in and to have a beer at the biergarten. The biergarten was closed! (rain..grr) Figures! We did manage to hit The Toucan, Chez Piggy and The Merchant McLiam though. I felt like a wimp but I was super tired and getting lightheaded so I finally headed home sometime before 11. Thanks for not calling me a wimp Sam!

Oh and we popped in to see my mom at her work too. Neat to find out that Sam, Wind and I may be related by marriage! (long story Wind but you're the link! Sam will fill you in.)

So all in all a GREAT visit! Next time, I hope to meet Wind. Who knows, maybe we'll even end up in their neck of the woods someday.

2 comments:

Wind said...

what a crazy coincidence! i could barely believe it when sam told me that your mom married a man whose mom was a rombough. i am pretty sure that all romboughs are related becuase the original ancestor - jacob - came from germany-holland to NY and had 4 sons all who dispersed, some into canada, including the west. the original spelling was rambach - so ask charlie if that is familiar and i will ask my mom if there are any doupes in NY who she knows of as related to us. i'll ask my uncle too, he may know more than my mom...

Kelly said...

Strange for sure..

I just talked to Charlie briefly and he mentioned something about empire loyalists? He didn't know anything about the Rambach spelling but the Jacob name did ring a bell. I would guess that Charlie is part of your family tree somewhere. Argh, I meant to ask him where his mom was from and where they met/married but I forgot! Sorry, not working on full brain power this week. I'll ask him this weekend. His mom taught at a private school in NY state and I think the Doupes were from around Kingston. They owned a farm somewhere outside Kingston.

I'll send you an update as soon as I find out more.