Monday, July 04, 2005

A little bit of gadget goodness. Minidv camcorder.

I worked out a trade for a minidv camcorder so I'm picking it up this week! Its a Canon ZR80.
Its low end but I don't exactly need a pro camera. :)
I will be able to transfer my old hi 8 tapes to the minidv and then straight to the computer via firewire. I had been looking at getting a video capture card but this turns out to be a much better solution for me.

I'll have to add a firewire card to my notebook to accomodate the camcorder. Side benefit is that
I will be able to hook it (notebook via firewire) up to the DVR and grab tv shows for Ridley to watch on my pocket pc. (car trips) I'm finally fairly proficient with reencoding video so it sounds like more of a hassle than it actually is.

A nice little gadget rush just in time for the weekend!

No comments: